About Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital
Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital (HGMH) is a patient-centred primary care hospital that has been established in Alexandria, Ontario for over 50 years. HGMH provides acute care, complex continuing care, 24-hour emergency services, and rehabilitation to over 23,000 residents every year. Our team includes over 180 staff members, 50 Medical Staff members and 100 volunteers who all take pride in bringing quality health care to our local Eastern Ontario community.
HGMH is seeking an outstanding healthcare leader to join the executive leadership team in the newly created position of Vice-President, People, Partnerships and Planning. This is an exceptional opportunity to shape the hospital’s people, operational and partnership strategies, lead an energetic and dedicated team and make a difference to individuals and the community.
The Vice President, People, Partnerships & Planning will provide strategic leadership, proactive planning, and guidance for efficient and effective delivery of programs and services at HGMH. The VP will be responsible for collaborating with members of the senior leadership team and direct reports in developing strategies that will allow HGMH to meet its goals and accountabilities. The VP will play a central role in communicating, negotiating, and collaborating with key external partners, ensuring successful execution of future planning initiatives, strategic human resources planning, in addition to developing strong regional partnerships and leading integration opportunities.
The portfolio responsibilities include: Human Resources, Labour Relations, Occupational Health & Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Security, and Information Technology, and other related departments as assigned.
· Regulated Healthcare Professional with a Masters Degree in Business Administration, or a combination of formal HR education and significant operational experience in healthcare.
· A minimum of 8-10 years’ progressive health care leadership experience
· Evidence of project management skills – including the ability to prioritize, set timeframes, organize resources, and meet deadlines.
· Strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving ability.
· Knowledge of administration, leadership, management, and supervisory roles.
· Ability to work independently, interdependently and as an integral team member.
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement and lifelong learning.
· Excellent inter-professional and communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Good communication skills in both official languages.
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Application – VP of People, Partnerships & Planning’ in the subject line.
HGMH Values are:
Passion for what we do
Accountability for our role
Compassion for those we serve
Teamwork for each other
HGMH supports equal opportunity employment. We strongly encourage applications from all genders, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
We thank all candidates for applying. We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration.