Reporting directly to our Chief People Officer, the VP of People Systems & Administration will drive the design and integration of all People systems at the WSIB. We're looking for a dynamic individual who's ready to develop a roadmap that will take our HR systems and administration to the next level. If you're a transformational HR leader with a passion for technology and you excel at collaboration, project and change management, and people systems integration - this opportunity is tailor-made for you. Key aspects of this role include:
Strategic Planning & Development
• Provide visionary leadership to align People systems with the Strategic Plan, policies, and regulations, focusing on future-oriented and user-friendly systems.
• Champion automation solutions, reduce HR administration, and lead major HR system implementations, including transitioning to a cutting-edge cloud based HRIS.
• Collaborate with internal partners, foster strong technology provider partnerships internally and externally, elevate data-driven decision-making through business intelligence reporting, and develop a strategy for securing and accessing confidential HR data to ensure its integrity.
Revolutionize HR Systems
• Leading people with analytics – you will craft a strategy that provides our leaders with high-quality people data. Your insights will drive sound business decisions and elevate organizational performance.
• Establish a governance model that ensures every employee life cycle transaction is accurate and up to date. Your expertise in automation and self-service will reduce HR administration and elevate accountability across the board.
• Enhance service delivery and deliver data outputs that empower decision-making through visionary system design and integration.
• Lead, manage, and develop a team of HR systems and people analytics professionals, fostering their growth into top-tier experts in the field.
• Identify opportunities to leverage technology to drive efficiencies and best in class HR services and solutions, ensuring system integration and sound data governance with each implementation
• Drive both short-term and long-term strategies to elevate our people analytics capabilities, ensuring the organization stays ahead in data-driven HR decision-making.
• Improve people analytics reporting with technology, aid HR programs with data-driven solutions, stay current on HCM tech trends for efficient HR processes, and manage data integrity and compliance for employee records.
• Establish strong relationships with HR and cross-functional partners, including IT and Corporate Business Analytics.
• Ensure cost-effective delivery of HR systems and people analytics by aligning with business needs.
• Leverage external relationships with stakeholders and industry peers to stay ahead in HR practices while managing third-party vendor relationships effectively and maintain a strong customer focus.
Quality & Risk Management
• Monitor, enhance, and ensure the quality and relevance of our people systems and people analytics functions.
• Maintain rigorous compliance with HR systems and data storage processes, policies, and protocols.
• Identify and address risks, drive improvements, and measure system automation effectiveness.
• A bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Senior-level HR experience, including a deep understanding of HR technology.
• Strong analytical & technology skills, and a data-driven decision-making approach.
• Exceptional communication, leadership and strategic thinking abilities.
About the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
We’re here to help. When an injury or illness happens on the job, we move quickly to provide wage-loss benefits, medical coverage and support to help people get back to work. Funded by businesses, we also provide no-fault collective liability insurance and access to industry-specific health and safety information. We are one of the largest insurance organizations in North America covering over five million people in more than 300,000 workplaces across Ontario. For more information, visit wsib.ca.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We respect and value the diversity of our people. We strive to create an environment where employees can be themselves and where our differences are celebrated.
The WSIB is committed to being accessible and inclusive, and following barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know when we contact you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
Application deadline: December 8, 2023.
Join us at WSIB and be the driving force behind our HR transformation journey. Together, we'll reshape the future of HR systems and people analytics.
401 Bay Street, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4
Phone: 416 364 6229