There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals — Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital — and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Reporting to the Director, Employee Relations and Central Staffing, the Manager, Central Staffing and System Integration brings a wealth of experience in master scheduling, timekeeping expertise and associated HR, Payroll and Scheduling information systems and technology. The Manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the department, providing on-going coaching and supervision of Schedulers and Team Leads as well as providing process issue assistance and support to the Staffing Office. The Manager is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the computerized staff scheduling program (ESP) and the timecard system (Kronos). The Manager also provides expert advice in relation to the delivery of solutions for efficient access to information related to the staff scheduling and timekeeping functions across the Hospital and contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of activities to ensure that the Scheduling and Timekeeping tools, processes, and systems are working efficiently to improve scheduling and timekeeping transactional and reporting activities with Human Resources.
• Responds to user queries and inquiries, logs, triages, tracks and escalates issues.
• Oversees the creation and modification of Master rotations and schedules, manages the call-in process and leaves in accordance with pre-established guidelines and the applicable Collective Agreement.
• Responsible for ESP and Kronos system administration and training and work with Information Technology on Staff Scheduling/Payroll Project.
• Responsible for providing reporting tools and collaborating with payroll on any queries.
• Be a resource for development of master schedules, vacation schedules and scheduling special projects (i.e., Holiday planning and schedules).
Human Resources and Leadership
• Manage the daily operations of the Staffing Office including requests for relief coverage, utilization of the computerized staffing system and responsible for determining the availability of staff according to established guidelines.
EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
• University Degree or College Certificate/Diploma, Business or Health Administration (preferred) or equivalent education and experience
• Payroll Certification an asset
• 5+ years’ management experience in Scheduling and Scheduling Systems, preferably in healthcare
• Experience working with computerized scheduling (ESP) and timekeeping (Kronos) programs
• Strong working knowledge of staff scheduling, master rotations, workplace legislation and collective agreements and scheduling rules within a hospital environment
• Strong customer service skills and experience in performance management and improvement
• Proactive, thoughtful, and respectful approach to addressing and resolving issues
• Exercises sound professional judgment and uses best practice guidelines
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy and consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring which is a set of principles that guides everyone who works, volunteers, visits or receives care at the hospital
• Fosters strong and positive relationships across the organization and with external stakeholders
• Superior communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership and mentoring skills, with strong initiative to achieve high standards of service and performance
• An ability to communicate, motivate and work collaboratively with all levels in the organization
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all
• Proven attendance record
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting and unique opportunity, please contact:
Partner: Jane van Alphen
Phone number: 416-640-4307
Consultant: Matthew Dyck
Phone number: 416-640-4315